Speakers club provides a platform for language learners to develop their public speaking skills. Like an international toastmaster, it is a club one delivers and observes each other’s speeches.
Pupils who join the club …
- Develop strong presentation skills as they practice speaking in front of each other.
- Build their social confidence.
- Hone their literacy skills and vocabulary to become more articulate.
- Become more emotionally resilient as they provide feedback to each other.
- Learn how to debate, present, negotiate and build rapport with others.
- Produce a presentation which they can present to their class / in an assembly.
During book clubs, students meet in small, heterogeneous groups to discuss a book that they have all read or listened to. Through sharing their thinking, they build a richer understanding than any one student could gain from independent reading alone.
6 Reasons to join a book club
It forces you to actually read. …
You can make new friends — not just the fictional ones, either.
It gives you a different perspective.
It broadens your horizons. …
It improves your own writing skills.
It gives you a break amidst the madness of life.
Digital Designing Club
Students having aptitude for technical skills are picked for this club. The committee encourages students to be updated with digitalisation and trains them to give them fundamental knowledge of computer skills and digital designing.
A place allowing you to expand your creative mind-set to create something extraordinary from the most ordinary. It brings students together outside of the classroom to create multimedia productions, from producing films to recording music and much more.
This club also helps to equip them with photography skills that allows them to capture moments with a fine touch of art.
Students are given the opportunity to develop their skills through training programs such as video editing, short film projects, photography courses, exhibitions, field trips and competitions.
Eco Club play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation: The activities under the club include:
1. Motivating the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
2. Promoting ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
3. Motivating students to inculcate habits and life style for minimum waste generation/wastage, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
4. Educating students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
5. Sensitizing the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, by not throwing them in public places, as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
6. Organizing tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, essay, painting competitions, rallys, nukkad natak etc. regarding various environmental issues and educating others about re-using waste material & preparation of products out of waste.
Art and Crafts Club
Arts and Crafts Club is a fun way for students to learn about making household objects into works of art. The activities are easy, thought-provoking, and educational. Crafts explore themes such as culture, science, and maths. Through these crafts, students learn background information about each of the themes. Upon completion of an activity, students are encouraged to share their artwork with their peers, friends and family. All of the activities in our online school Arts and Crafts Club are optional so students choose the lessons they would like to complete. Arts and Crafts Club is available to students in grades K–8. Art Club sparks students’ creativity by exploring two-dimensional and three-dimensional art, photography, and graphic design. Students are exposed to the nuances of each medium and have the opportunity to create and share their own creative designs. This club features Live Lesson® sessions during which students share artwork with peers and provide feedback on the artwork of other students.
Cooking Club is committed to promoting a healthy lifestyle and a passion for good food in families Through our interesting, educational and hands-on cooking programmes, we teach families about healthy food choices and provide them with an appreciation of good food. We believe in a holistic approach to wellbeing by encouraging healthy eating, exercising, using home grown produce and living a balanced life. The Club offers a variety of relevant cooking programme for aspiring Junior /seniors Chefs. Cooking is done without the use of fire.
A drama club gives students an outlet for interests that go beyond acting and leads to friendships across grades.
The benefits of drama and play
Drama builds confidence. …
Drama helps concentration. …
Drama helps develop language and communication skills. …
Drama encourages children to cooperate. …
Drama supports numeracy skills. …
Drama helps children to understand the world around them. …
Drama develops emotional intelligence.
Dance and Music Club
India is home to a stunning array of classical and folk art. Dance and music are integrated into the Indian way of life. Music can enrich your life. It can edify and inspire you and help you draw closer to Heavenly Father. Music has a profound effect on your mind, spirit, and behavior. Two types of Music learn: Vocal and Instrumental. The growing interest of the students in Dance has led them to go for several Performance and achieve many trophies.